netECR Qualitative Special
Interest Group (QSIG)
A place for learning, sharing, and discussing qualitative methods for
early-career researchers in suicide and self-harm
netECR QSIG is a peer space for early-career researchers conducting or interested in qualitative research methods in suicide or self-harm research. Qualitative methods can be daunting and often a long, lonely road – this group aims to create active, supportive spaces where researchers can learn qualitative methods from one another, discuss challenges, and exchange ideas to encourage and support one another’s work. QSIG can also be a place for excitement and celebration of conducting qualitative research.
All meetings and discussions are open to all researchers regardless of prior experience and knowledge. QSIG is an open, collaborative space and all are welcome.
The space we offer:
A monthly remote QSIG meet-up. This monthly meet-up will alternate between:
1. A 90-minute works-in-progress session where researchers present a project at any stage and receive feedback from attendees. Projects at any stage can be presented in this session. Possible presentations could include a dissertation proposal, an idea for a grant, or a manuscript under development.
2. A 60-minute qualitative methods journal club. One group member (the session leader) will select a qualitative article which will be distributed to all attendees before the meeting. The session leader will provide a brief overview of the article and lead the group discussion.
All netECR members who are interested in qualitative
methods at any stage in their research career are welcome.
For more information, get in touch with
netECR Qualitative Special Interest Group Team:
Upcoming netECR QSIG meetings:
- June 15th 2022, 4-5 PM BST – Introduction
- July 13th 2022, 4-5:30 PM BST – Works-in-progress
- August 10th 2022, 4-5 PM BST – Journal Club
- September 14th 2022, 4-5:30 PM BST – Works-in-progress
- October 12th 2022, 4-5 PM BST – Journal Club
- November 16th 2022, 4-5:30 PM GMT – Works-in-progress
All meetings are open to all netECR members and happen on Zoom. If you would like to join the sessions or have them on your calendar, please reach out to Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org, who can forward the invitations.