Institution: Sheffield Hallam University, England.
Supervisory team: Dr Jenny Slater and Dr Karen Dunn.
Position: Lecturer in Education and PhD Student.
Current research: My PhD research is looking at Disabled people and self-harm from a disability studies perspective.
- Disabled people and self-harm
- Men and self-harm
- Older people and self-harm
- Psycho-emotional disablism
- Disabled people’s experiences of ableism
- Assisted suicide
- Disabled people’s experiences of HE
- Hannam-Swain, S. (2018). The additional labour of a disabled PhD student. Disability and Society. 33(1). 138-142. Doi: 10.1080/09687599.2017.1375698
- Hannam-Swain, S. (2018). Safe with Self-injury: a practical guide to understanding, responding and harm-reduction. [Review]. Disability and Society. 33(1). 143-145. Doi: 10.1080/09687599.2017.1401323
Can help with: Supporting and listening. Sharing and evaluating idea. Literature searches. Some data analysis especially qualitative.
What’s essential to your well-being? A good work life balance with flexibility around when and how I work. A working wheelchair and adapted car! My dog and family support.
Find Stephanie elsewhere:
- Research Gate
- Email: email@example.com
1 thought on “Stephanie Hannam-Swain”