Institution: 113 Suicide Prevention.
Supervisory team: Dr. Renske Gilissen, Dr. Wouter van Ballegooijen & Dr. Lizanne Schweren
Position: PhD student.
Current research: My PhD aims to research effective interventions for suicidal people in a mental healthcare setting. We want to do this both by conducting implementation research in mental healthcare institutions on a toolkit that aims to improve evidence-based working in line with the national guidelines, and by studying effective psychological interventions in (individual patient data) meta-analyses.
- Psychological treatments of suicidality
- Psychometry of diagnostic and screener tools for suicidality
- Complex methodology such as networks
- Suicidality in the LGBTQ+ community
- Van Eijk et al. (under review). A Latent Class Analysis using the Integrated Motivational-Volitional model of Suicidal Behaviour: Understanding Suicide Risk over 36 Months.
- Van der Burgt, Van Eijk et al. (in preparation). Cross-national investigation of COVID-19- related problems over time in helplines for suicide prevention.
Can help with: I’m a big fan of statistics and can help with R, SPSS, or Jamovi. In general I love chatting about research designs, how to word the questions to be asked in studies, and how to use inclusive language.
What’s essential to your well-being? Outside of work, I enjoy figure skating and going on holidays, especially to Scotland. I also have two little gerbils I love taking care of. At work, I enjoy being in the office to chat with other people and have weekly supervision meetings to discuss both work-related issues and any personal issues that may be at play.
Find Nikki elsewhere:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org