Institution: The Catholic University of America (Suicide Prevention Lab, Department of Psychology), United States.
Supervisory team: David A. Jobes, Ph.D.
Position: Research Associate.
Current research: Characterizing & supporting the experiences of early career researchers in suicidology; Optimizing parent involvement in CAMS-4Teens.
- Engaging parents in suicide-specific treatment
- Development & dissemination of scalable mental health interventions for teens & parents
- Helping Give Away Psychological Science (HGAPS)
- Blossom, J. B., Ridge-Anderson, A., Adrian, M. C., & Jobes, D. A. (2022). A developmentally informed approach to the Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicide (CAMS) for adolescents (CAMS-4Teens) and engaging parents in treatment. Practice Innovations, 7(4), 303–312. https://doi.org/10.1037/pri0000189
- Ridge-Anderson, A., Jobes, D. A., & Adrian, M. C. (2021, June 17-19). Help me see it how you see it: Parents and suicidality from the adolescent perspective [Poster presentation]. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology Future Directions Forum, Virtual Meeting.
- Jobes, D. A., Vergara, G. A., Lanzillo, E. C., & Ridge-Anderson, A. (2019). The potential use of CAMS for suicidal youth: Building on epidemiology and clinical interventions. Children’s Health Care, 48(4), 444-468. https://doi.org/10.1080/02739615.2019.1630279
- Ridge-Anderson, A., Jobes, D. A., & Lento, R. M. (2017, June 1-2). Treating suicidality in older adolescents [Poster presentation]. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology Future Directions Forum, College Park, Maryland.Ridge-Anderson, A., Keyes, G. M., & Jobes, D. A. (2016). Understanding and treating suicidal risk in young children. Practice Innovations, 1(1), 3-19. https://doi.org/10.1037/pri0000018
Can help with: Resources for surviving (& perhaps even thriving in) grad school; teaching & pedagogy; talking through & generating research ideas & design; qualitative coding; proofreading/editing; presenting to scientific & lay audiences.
What’s essential to your well-being? My cats (#catsofSPSM), audiobooks, coworking accountabilibuddies, sibling zoom calls, laughing with my husband, connecting with colleagues, thinking up big idea projects & collaborations, coffee, dreaming about/making plans for moving to Scotland, mentoring & sharing resources
Find Abby elsewhere:
- Research Gate
- Open Science Framework
- Email: email@example.com