Institution: University of Manchester, England.
Supervisory team: Peter Taylor, Tracy Epton and Isabelle Hunt.
Position: PhD Student.
Current research: This PhD research is designed to build on the existing literature about Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI); my PhD project will be called “An empirical exploration of Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI): Development and validation of a measure for addictive characteristics”. This doctoral project will be an empirical investigation into Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI), focusing on the addictive aspects of this behaviour.
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI)
- Addictive behaviours
- Davis, S., & Lewis, C.A. (2018). Impassioned communication and virtual support roles: The case of self-harmers. Illness Crisis & Loss, 27(1), 19-35. doi: 10.1177/1054137318780585
- Lewis, C.A., & Davis, S. (2018). The impact of self-harm by young people on families: Bibliography, summary of research, and recommendations. In S. Galyautdinova (Ed.) Family – the territory of psychological security. Ufa, Russia: Bashkir State University.
- Davis, S., & Lewis, C.A. (2019). Addiction to self-harm?: The case of online postings on self-harm message boards. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, 17(4), 1020–1035. doi:10.1007/s11469-018-9975-8
- Lewis, C.A., Davis, S., & Lewis, M J. (2019, April). The Ottawa Self-injury Inventory version 3.1 speaks many languages: A systematic review of the literature. Poster presented at 27th European Congress of Psychiatry in Warsaw, Poland.
Lewis, C.A., Davis, S., Sohail, T., Khawala, A. O., Malik, J.A., & Musharraf, S. (2019, April). Exploratory factor analysis of the Urdu translation of the Ottawa Self-injury Inventory version 3.1 among a sample of Pakistan students. Poster presented at 27th European Congress of Psychiatry in Warsaw, Poland.
Can help with: I’m generally open to talking things through or being a person to listen. More specifically I can help with self-harm/NSSI and addiction.
What’s essential to your well-being? I play the cornet/trumpet, go to Church every week.
Find Sarah elsewhere:
- Research Gate
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org