Institution: University of Manchester, England.
Supervisory team: Dr Daniel Pratt, Professor Gillian Haddock.
Position: Clinical Psychologist in Training.
Current research: I am currently running a project which seeks to understand how we conceptualise recovery from suicidal thoughts and behaviours as well as what factors are important in supporting recovery. The project is looking to hear from people with lived experience of suicidal thoughts and behaviours.
- Conceptualisations of ‘recovery’
- Psychological distress in those experiencing psychosis
- Complex trauma (interested but not experienced!)
- Ropaj, E., Jones, A., Dickson, J. M., Gill, Z., & Taylor, P. J. (2020). Are negative beliefs about psychosis associated with emotional distress in adults and young people with such experiences? A meta‐analysis. Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice.
- Ropaj, E., Keatley, D.A., Milroy, C.J., Dickson, J.M., & Taylor, P. J. (accepted, 2021). A behaviour sequence analysis of goal generation processes in a psychosis rehabilitation sample. Psychosis: Psychological, Social and Integrative Approaches.
Can help with: Providing a clinical perspective on projects (I am a trainee Clinical Psychologist). I have experience with Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA), Delphi studies, and systematic reviews.
What’s essential to your well-being? Rock climbing, photography, hiking, reading (non-fiction) and spending time with friends and family.
Find Esmira elsewhere:
- Research Gate
- Email: Esmira.firstname.lastname@example.org