Institution: University of Huddersfield, West yorkshire, England.
Supervisory team: Dr Hayley Gorton and Dr Nicola Gray.
Position: PhD Student.
Current research: I am interested in understanding how the pharmacy can contribute in preventing suicide in Low Middle Income Countries. My research is aimed at creating awareness in suicide, prompting the training of pharmacist in being knowledgeable about suicide risk factors and signs. In addition to create awareness for government and policy makers in improving suicide prevention strategy.
- Conceptualisations of ‘recovery’.
- Protective factors and resilience.
- Public perceptions of self-harm and suicide.
- The language we use to discuss self-harm and suicide.
- Collaboration with other researchers.
- How to know what to focus your literature review on.
- Mistake New suicide researchers make.
Can help with: I am comfortable with communicating with other people and tend to be a good listener. I am also opened to learning new skills.
What’s essential to your well-being? Outside of work: I enjoy writing short stories, spending time with families and going on walks. In work: Journaling, having an honest relationship with my supervisor and knowing when to call it a day and go home.
Find Somto elsewhere: