Institution: University of Southern Mississippi, United States.
Supervisory team: Daniel Capron, PhD.
Position: PhD student.
Current research: I am interested in studying how cognitive biases relate to suicide risk, how risk factors for suicide may be related and therefore more directly targetable, and examining the heterogeneity of suicidal behaviour.
- Risk factors for suicidal ideation and behaviour
- Decision-making in suicidal behaviour
- Buerke, M., Galfalvy, H., Keilp, J., Sheftall, A., Burke, A., Bridge, J., Mann, J. & Szanto, K. (2021). Age Effects on Clinical and Neurocognitive Risk Factors for Suicide Attempt — Findings from the AFSP Lifespan study. Journal of Affective Disorders.
- Perry, M.* & Buerke, M.*, Szücs, A., Allen, T., Bruin de Bruine, W., Szanto, K., & Dombrovski, A. (2021). A lifetime of challenges: real-life decision outcomes in early- and late-onset suicide attempters. Journal of Affective Disorders Report,. 4, 100105. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadr.2021.100105 *Equal contribution as first authors
- Buerke, M. (2017). Effects of Anger Rumination. (Electronic Thesis). Published on OhioLink. http://rave.ohiolink.edu/etdc/view?acc_num=ksuhonors151291117885555
Can help with: Always open to mentoring and meeting new people. I can help with learning R and other softwares that can be useful (i.e. RedCap, Inquisit, etc.).
What’s essential to your well-being? My cat, Pluto and my husband, Amir. Also having time for breaks, hiking, and meeting new people! In work: An understanding support system, and being able to be open and honest about feelings, especially when things become overwhelming.
Find Morgan elsewhere: