Institution: The University of Southern Mississippi, USA.
Supervisory team: Dr. Michael Anestis.
Position: Clinical Psychology PhD Student.
Current research: I am interested in further understanding the ideation-to-action transition, determining who is going to die by suicide and the methods they choose, how to increase safe firearm storage for suicide prevention.
- Firearm safety for suicide prevention
- Ideation-to-action framework
- Determining method selection
- Disseminating science
- Fox, A. M., LaCroix, J. M., Bond, A. E., Luk, J. W., Perera, K. U., & Ghahramanlou-Holloway, M. Evaluating suicide risk using the reasons for dying-reasons for living (RFD-RFL) index in a military psychiatric inpatient setting. Accepted for publication.
- Anestis, M.D., Bond, A.E., Daruwala, S.E., Bandel, S.L., & Bryan, C. Suicidal ideation among individuals who have purchased firearms during COVID-19. Accepted for publication.
- Anestis, M.D. & Bond, A. (2020, March). A warning: Isolation can lead to thoughts of suicide. NJ.com [Editorial]. Retrieved from https://www.nj.com/opinion/2020/03/a-warning-isolation-can-lead-to-thoughts-of-suicide.html
- Anestis, M.D., Bandel, S.L., Butterworth, S. E., Bond, A. E., Daruwala, S.E., Bryan, C.J. (2019). Suicide risk and firearm ownership and storage behavior in a large military sample. Psychiatry Research, 291, 113277.
- George, B. J., Ribeiro, S., Lee-Tauler, S., Bond, A.E., Perera, K.U., Grammar, G., Weaver, J., & Ghahramanlou-Holloway, M. (2018). Psychiatric characteristics among service members hospitalized for suicide ideation or attempt. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16(18), 3274.
Can help with: I am open to helping others think through ideas, figure out ways to disseminate science to those other than researchers, and being a person to listen. I am also open to helping with other needs that people or the organization have.
What’s essential to your well-being? Outside of work: going on walks and runs with my dog (Beau). In work: to-do lists, taking breaks during the day, and being able to bounce ideas off of others.
Find Allie elsewhere: