Institution: Graduate Center, City University of New York, USA.
Supervisory team: Professor Regina Miranda.
Position: PhD Student.
Current research: Sarah is a doctoral student in the Health Psychology and Clinical Science program at the CUNY Graduate Center. Her research focuses on the etiology, assessment, and treatment of suicide risk. Specifically, she is interested in using real-time monitoring technologies to distinguish distinct subtypes of suicide ideation in adolescents and emerging adults.
- Ecological momentary assessment/intervention
- Risk assessment & digital phenotypes of suicidal thinking and risky decision-making
- Subtypes of suicidal ideation in youth
- Suicide-relate disclosure
- Novel intervention for group or family treatment
- Sullivan, S. R., Monahan, M., Mitchell, E., Spears, A. P., Walsh, S., Szeszko, J. R., … & Goodman, M. (2021). Group treatments for individuals at risk for suicide: A PRISMA scoping review (ScR). Psychiatry research, 114108. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2021.114108
- Sullivan, S.R., Spears, A. P., Mitchell, E.L., Walsh, S., Love, C., & Goodman, M. (2021). Family treatments for individuals at risk for suicide: A PRISMA scoping review. Accepted 24 June 2021.
- Sullivan, S. R.**, Gromatsky, M.**, Mitchell, E. L., Spears, A. P., Edwards, E. R., & Goodman, M. (2020). Feasibility and Acceptability of VA CONNECT: Caring for Our Nation’s Needs Electronically during the COVID-19 Transition. Psychiatry Research, 113700. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2020.113700
- Gromatsky, M., Edwards, E. R., Sullivan, S.R., Goodman, M., & Hazlett, E. (2021). Distinguishing suicidal ideation from suicide attempt history in Veterans: The role of emotion reactivity. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior. Accepted 2 October 2020. https://doi.org/10.1111/sltb.12744
- Edwards, E. R., Gromatsky, M., Sissoko, D. R. G., Hazlett, E. A., Sullivan, S. R., Geraci, J., & Goodman, M. (2020). Arrest history and psychopathology among veterans at risk for suicide. Psychological Services. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/ser0000454
Can help with: I am happy to be a mock participant for anyone designing a new study and to give feedback to study designs, concepts and recruitment strategy. I also have experience assisting scientific events (e.g., conferences)!
What’s essential to your well-being? Outside of work: my dog – Ellie Mae; spending time at the beach. In work: coffee & snack breaks; balancing working on funded projects and having brainstorm sessions about innovative ideas for manuscripts or future projects
Find Sarah elsewhere: