Institution: Orygen; Centre for Youth Mental Health, University of Melbourne; Swinburne University of Technology, Australia.
Supervisory team: A/Prof Jo Robinson, A/Prof Simon Rice, A/Prof Maja Nedeljkovic.
Position: PhD (Clinical Psychology) student and Research Assistant.
Current research: I am interested in the ways the internet and digital technologies can be used to support youth at risk of suicide, particularly when integrated into clinical services. My PhD research focusses on evaluating the ethics, acceptability and therapeutic potential of Moderated Online Social Therapy for young people with active suicidal ideation.
- Digital/online interventions and social media
- Clinical services
- Individual trajectories of suicidality (interested but not experienced!)
- Bailey E, Alvarez-Jimenez M, Robinson J, D’Alfonso S, Gilbertson T, Phillips J, et al. An enhanced social networking intervention for young people with active suicidal ideation: Safety, feasibility and acceptability outcomes. International Journal Of Environmental Research And Public Health. 2020;17(7):E2435.
- Bailey E, Mühlmann C, Rice S, Nedeljkovic M, Alvarez-Jimenez M, Sander L, et al. Ethical issues and practical barriers in internet-based suicide prevention research: A review and investigator survey. BMC Med Ethics. 2020;21.
- Bailey E, Rice S, Robinson J, Nedeljkovic M, Alvarez-Jimenez M. Theoretical and empirical foundations of a novel online social networking intervention for youth suicide prevention: A conceptual review. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2018;238:499-505.
Can help with: Clinical psychology questions (I have almost completed my training), systematic reviews, Delphi studies. I enjoy qualitative research methods but haven’t done any specific training.
What’s essential to your well-being? Getting outside every day, catching up with family and friends, sleeping and eating well…. and trash TV.
Find Eleanor elsewhere: