Institution: San Diego State University, United States.
Supervisory team: Aaron Blashill, PhD.
Position: Postdoctoral Research Scholar.
Current research: Broadly, my research interests cover suicidality, emotion dysregulation, disordered eating, and weight stigma. I am shifting my focus to study these constructs within LGBTQ+ populations and treatment research.
- Emotion dysregulation
- Weight stigmatization and weight bias
- Disordered eating and eating disorders
- Suicidal thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- Stigma reduction
- Interpersonal theory of suicide
- Sexual and gender minority health
- Treatment of eating disorders and suicidality
- Douglas, V. J., Balas, B., & Gordon, K. H. (In Press). Facial femininity and perceptions of eating disorders. Accepted for publication at PLOS ONE.
- Douglas, V. J., Kwan, M. Y., & Gordon, K. H. (In Press). An examination of the relationship between pets, attachment, and suicide risk. Accepted for publication at Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention. Preprint: https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/p67bu
- Douglas, V. J., Kwan, M. Y., & Gordon, K. H. (2021). The roles of weight stigma, emotion dysregulation, and eating pathology in suicide risk. Body Image, 38, 162-170. doi:10.1016/j.bodyim.2021.04.005
Can help with: Open science practices such as using the OSF; Conditional Process Analyses/ PROCESS macro; Collaboration; Advice on maintaining research output while on clinical internship; Projects involving the Interpersonal Theory of Suicide; Navigating the postdoctoral market.
What’s essential to your well-being? My pets, fancy coffee, adequate sleep, being able to nerd out about research with others, goofing off on Twitter, being out in nature, and Spotify.
Find Valerie elsewhere:
- Research Gate
- Open Science Framework
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
4 thoughts on “Valerie J. Douglas”