Institution: Population Health Sciences, University of Bristol, England.
Supervisory team: Professor Paul Moran, Professor David Gunnell, Professor Matthew Hickman.
Position: PhD Student
Current research: My PhD explores suicide amongst people with alcohol and opioid dependence.
- Risk factors for suicide and self-harm amongst people with addictions
- Public health policies and interventions to reduce suicide.
- Padmanathan, P., et al. 2018. Suicide and self-harm related Internet use amongst hospital-presenting patients: a cross-sectional study and clinician focus groups. Crisis. 39(6).
- Mew, E.*, Padmanathan, P.*, et al. 2017. The global burden of fatal self-poisoning with pesticides 2006-15: systematic review and update on recent trends. Journal of Affective Disorders. 219. *Equal contribution
- Knipe, D.*, Padmanathan, P*., et al. 2017. Regional variation in suicide rates in Sri Lanka between 1955 and 2011: a spatial and temporal analysis. BMC Public Health. 17:193. *Equal contribution
- Padmanathan, P., De Silva, M.J. 2013. The acceptability and feasibility of task-sharing mental health care in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. Social Science and Medicine. 97:82-86
Can help with: Ethics applications, systematic reviews. I’m going to be using Stata and CPRD a fair bit during my PhD, so hopefully will be able to help with that in the future.
What’s essential to your well-being? Spending time with people, hearing about their experiences and reflections, discovering new perspectives, trying to be creative, good food, exercise.
Find Prianka elsewhere: