Institution: MRC/CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, University of Glasgow, Scotland.
Supervisory team: Prof Lisa McDaid, Prof Rich Mitchell, and Prof Rory O’Connor.
Position: PhD Student.
Current research: I am interested in understanding how suicide (including thoughts about suicide, suicide behaviours, and suicide attempts) affects the lives of young LGBT+ people aged 16-24 in Scotland, and what can be done to improve this.
- Mental health in LGBT+ communities, and in particular young LGBT+ people’s mental health
- Critical approaches to suicide research
- Community-based suicide intervention and prevention work
- Queer, feminist, and intersectional theory
- Qualitative suicide research methods
Can help with: Facilitating thinking through the nitty gritty of research ethics and qualitative methods; niche LGBT+ knowledge.
What’s essential to your well-being? Talking through everything multiple times and from multiple angles with multiple people. I also enjoy subversive cross-stitch, knitting, reading, and volunteer as a youth worker.
Find Hazel elsewhere: