Institution: University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
Position: Research Associate.
Current research: I am currently working on a qualitative project that seeks to understand the politics of suicide.
- Mental health in LGBTQ+ communities, and in particular young LGBTQ+ people’s suicide and self-harm
- Critical approaches to suicide research
- Community-based suicide intervention and prevention work
- Queer, feminist, and intersectional theory
- Qualitative suicide research methods (including interviews, parliamentary and documentary analysis, and creative and arts-based approaches)
- Sociological approaches to suicide
- Research ethics
Can help with: Thinking through the nitty gritty of research ethics; knowledge about LGBTQ+ youth suicide; qualitative research methods; sociological approaches to suicide research.
What’s essential to your well-being? Talking through everything multiple times and from multiple angles with multiple people. I also enjoy subversive cross-stitch, knitting, reading, and volunteer as a youth worker.
Find Hazel elsewhere:
- University Profile
- Email: Hazel.firstname.lastname@example.org
4 thoughts on “Hazel Marzetti”