Institution: Centre for Innovative Research Across the Life Course, Coventry University.
Supervisory team: Dr Sarah Cassidy, Dr Ashley Robertson, Dr Jacqui Rodgers, Dr Hayley Crawford.
Position: PhD Student.
Current research: I am interested in understanding the mechanisms of suicidal thoughts and behaviours amongst autistic people.
- Suicide in autism spectrum conditions
- The influence of autistic characteristics in mental health and suicide outcomes in other populations
- The Interpersonal Theory of Suicide
- The overlap between autism and psychosis
- Pelton, M. K., & Cassidy, S. A. (2017). Are autistic traits associated with suicidality? A test of the interpersonal-psychological theory of suicide in a non-clinical young adult sample.Autism Research, 10(11), 1891-1904.
- Upthegrove, R., Abu-Akel, A., Chisholm, K., Lin, A., Zahid, S., Pelton, M., Wood, S. J. (2018). Autism and psychosis: Clinical implications for depression and suicide. Schizophrenia Research, 195, 80-85.
Can help with: I’m happy to talk to anyone about anything they think I might be able to help with. I have wide experience of mental health assessment tools and the at-risk mental state.
What’s essential to your well-being? Work is really important for my well-being. I also enjoy my allotment.
Find Mirabel elsewhere: