Institution: Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, England.
Position: Trial Manager/Project Coordinator.
Current research: My research interests relate to understanding the development and treatment of psychosis and related mental health problems, as well as suicidal experiences. My PhD investigated the relationships between psychological resilience and suicidal thoughts and behaviours in people experiencing non-affective psychosis.
- Conceptualisations of psychological resilience in the context of mental health and suicidal experiences.
- Protective factors and psychological resilience.
- Public perceptions of self-harm and suicide.
- Harris, K., Haddock, G., Peters, S., & Gooding, P. (2021). The long-term relationship between psychological resilience, psychosis, distress, and suicidal thoughts and behaviours. Schizophrenia Bulletin Open, 2(1). DOI: 10.1093/schizbullopen/sgaa071.
- Harris, K., Gooding, P., Peters, S., & Haddock, G. (2020). Investigating the perceived impact of psychosis on suicidal thoughts and behaviors. Schizophrenia Bulletin Open, 1(1), 1-19. DOI: 10.1093/schizbullopen/sgaa038.
- Harris, K., Haddock, G., Peters, S., Gooding, P. (2019). Psychological resilience to suicidal thoughts and behaviours in people with schizophrenia diagnoses: A systematic literature review. Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice, 1-33. DOI: 10.1111/papt.12255.
- Harris, K., Gooding, P., Haddock, G., & Peters, S. (2019). Factors that contribute to psychological resilience to suicidal thoughts and behaviours in people with schizophrenia diagnoses: Qualitative study. British Journal of Psychiatry Open, 5(e79), 1-9. DOI: 10.1192/bjo.2019.63.
- Littlewood, D.L., Harris, K., Gooding, P., Pratt, D., Haddock, G., & Peters, S. (2019). Using my demons to make good: The short- and long-term impact of participating in suicide-related research. Archives of Suicide Research, 0, 1-25. DOI: 10.1080/13811118.2019.1663330.
Can help with: I enjoy conducting qualitative research and can help with qualitative data analysis. I can also help with advice on moderated mediation analyses.
What’s essential to your well-being? Outside of work: my friends and family, walking outdoors, traveling, exercising. In work: supportive colleagues, meeting new people, being a part of netECR.
Find Kamelia elsewhere: