Institution: Division of Psychology and Mental Health, School of Health Sciences, University of Manchester, England.
Supervisory team: Dr Patricia Gooding, Dr Sarah Peters, Professor Gillian Haddock
Position: PhD Student.
Current research: My research interests relate to understanding the development and treatment of schizophrenia-spectrum mental health problems and suicidal experiences. My PhD investigates the relationships between psychological resilience and suicidal thoughts and behaviours in people with schizophrenia.
- Conceptualisations of psychological resilience in the context of mental health and suicidal experiences.
- Protective factors and psychological resilience.
- Public perceptions of self-harm and suicide.
- Awenat, Y. F., Peters, S., Gooding, P. A., Pratt, D., Shaw-Núñez, E., Harris, K. & Haddock, G. (2018). A qualitative analysis of suicidal psychiatric inpatients views and expectations of psychological therapy to counter suicidal thoughts, acts and deaths. BMC Psychiatry, 18, 334-347.
- Haddock, G., Berry, K., Davies, G., Dunn, G., Harris, K., Hartley, S., … Barrowclough, C. (2017). Delivery of cognitive-behaviour therapy for psychosis: A service user preference trial. Journal of Mental Health, 1-8.
- Harris, K., Brooks, H., Bee, P., Lovell, K., & Drake, R.J. (2017). Exploring service users’, carers’ and professionals’ perspectives and experiences of current antipsychotic prescribing: A qualitative study. Chronic Illness, 1-13.
- Harris, K., Band, R.J., Cooper, H., Macintyre, V.G., Mejia, A., & Wearden, A.J. (2016). Distress in significant others of people with chronic fatigue syndrome: A systematic review of the literature. British Journal of Health Psychology, 21.
- Harris, K., Spiegelhalder, K., Espie, C.A., MacMahon, K., Cleland Woods, H., & Kyle, S.D. (2015). Sleep-related attentional bias in insomnia: A state-of-the-science review. Clinical Psychology Review, 42, 16-27.
Can help with: I enjoy conducting qualitative research and can help with qualitative data analysis.
What’s essential to your well-being? Outside of work: my friends and family, walking outdoors, traveling, exercising. In work: supportive colleagues, meeting new people, being a part of netECR.
Find Kamelia elsewhere: