Institution: National Suicide Research Foundation, WHO Collaborating Centre for Surveillance and Research in Suicide Prevention, University College Cork, Ireland.
Current research: I am currently working on registries related to self-harm and suicide.
- Patterns of multimorbidity and risk of suicidal behaviours and suicide.
- Access to multiple medications as a risk factor of suicide attempts and suicide.
- Health care services as a suicide intervention point.
- The effect of international media coverage of suicide on national suicide rates.
- Kavalidou, K., Smith, J. D., Der, G., O’Connor R.C. (2019). The role of physical and mental multimorbidity in suicidal thoughts and behaviours in a Scottish population cohort study. BMC Psychiatry, 19(1), 19-38. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12888-019-2032-8
- Kavalidou, K., Smith, D., O’Connor, RC. (2016). The role of physical and mental health multimorbidity in suicidal ideation. Journal of Affective Disorders, 209, 80-85. doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2016.11.026
- Alexopoulos, E. C., Kavalidou, K., Messolora, F. (2015). Suicide mortality across broad occupational groups in Greece: A descriptive study. Safety and Health at Work, 7(1), 1-5. doi.org/10.1016/j.shaw.2015.09.004
- Kavalidou, K, McPhedran, S, De Leo, D. (2013). Farmers’ contact with healthcare services prior to suicide: Evidence for the role of General Practitioners as an intervention point. Australian Journal of Primary Health, 21(1), 102-105. doi.org/10.1071/PY13077
Can help with: Available as a clinician, researcher and friend. Research-wise I can help with: multiple wave/prospective cohort analysis; how to handle large number of research-related items through an endnote-excel initiative; grant proposals.
What’s essential to your well-being: Travelling, spending time with good friends, my pup, cooking and drinking good wine.
Find Katerina elsewhere: